Workshops for Professionals About Sexual Assault
The Victorian Centres Against Sexual Assault provide community and professional training for those interested in gaining skills and insight into working with victim/survivors of sexual assault. People who attend our workshops come from health and welfare, counselling and medical fields. Some workshops are also suitable for students.
Areas covered can include:
- providing an enhanced understanding of sexual assault
- the role of CASA in supporting victim/survivors
- sexual assault and the legal system
- structural and social conditions that predispose communities to sexual assault and other violent crimes
- strategies for the prevention of sexual assault
- an examination of the nature and consequences of sexual assault and key issues relevant to providing an effective response
- information about referral options and professional support
- forming a foundation for working with clients who have been sexually assaulted
- building blocks to safe sexual assault counselling
- consideration of the theoretical framework of the rights/advocacy model of responding to victim/surviors of sexual assault
- skills and strategies for responding to people in crisis because of sexual assault
- examination of vicarious trauma for workers.
If your organisation would like training contact your nearest CASA.
There are no events currently advertised.