Workshops for Professionals About Sexual Assault
The Victorian Centres Against Sexual Assault provide community and professional training for those interested in gaining skills and insight into working with victim/survivors of sexual assault. People who attend our workshops come from health and welfare, counselling and medical fields. Some workshops are also suitable for students.
Areas covered can include:
- providing an enhanced understanding of sexual assault
- the role of CASA in supporting victim/survivors
- sexual assault and the legal system
- structural and social conditions that predispose communities to sexual assault and other violent crimes
- strategies for the prevention of sexual assault
- an examination of the nature and consequences of sexual assault and key issues relevant to providing an effective response
- information about referral options and professional support
- forming a foundation for working with clients who have been sexually assaulted
- building blocks to safe sexual assault counselling
- consideration of the theoretical framework of the rights/advocacy model of responding to victim/surviors of sexual assault
- skills and strategies for responding to people in crisis because of sexual assault
- examination of vicarious trauma for workers.
If your organisation would like training contact your nearest CASA.
Social media & healthy development: Where to from here?
‘Screen time’ impacts all workforces across the health, education, mental health, and human service sectors. Positive, and more challenging or risky contexts of technology interface exist when considering the 0-5, 5-10, 10-14, 14-25 age ranges.
Working with the Impacts of Sexual Assault – 2 day workshop
Monday, 29 May AND Tuesday, 30 May, 2017
This interactive 2 day workshop will extend the skills and confidence of those working with women and men who have experienced sexual assault. Workers who have completed our Responding to Sexual Assault training or have experience working with clients who have experienced sexual assault are encouraged to apply. The workshop will...
Loddon Campaspe Centre Against Sexual Assault
Responding to disclosures of sexual assault
Friday March 31 OR Friday June 16 OR Thursday September 14 OR Friday October 20, 2017. 9.30am - 4.00pm
An appropriate response to a person’s first disclosure of Sexual Assault is essential to their recovery from the trauma.
Working with adolescents who have experienced sexual assault
Friday July 21, 2017
This workshop is for professionals and students in health, education, welfare and communitysectors working with young people who may disclose sexual assault.
Working with adult survivors of sexual assault
Wed August 30 & Thurs August 31, 2017. 9.30am - 4.00pm
This workshop is designed for those working with adults who have experienced recent or past sexual assault.