Workshops for Professionals About Sexual Assault
The Victorian Centres Against Sexual Assault provide community and professional training for those interested in gaining skills and insight into working with victim/survivors of sexual assault. People who attend our workshops come from health and welfare, counselling and medical fields. Some workshops are also suitable for students.
Areas covered can include:
- providing an enhanced understanding of sexual assault
- the role of CASA in supporting victim/survivors
- sexual assault and the legal system
- structural and social conditions that predispose communities to sexual assault and other violent crimes
- strategies for the prevention of sexual assault
- an examination of the nature and consequences of sexual assault and key issues relevant to providing an effective response
- information about referral options and professional support
- forming a foundation for working with clients who have been sexually assaulted
- building blocks to safe sexual assault counselling
- consideration of the theoretical framework of the rights/advocacy model of responding to victim/surviors of sexual assault
- skills and strategies for responding to people in crisis because of sexual assault
- examination of vicarious trauma for workers.
If your organisation would like training contact your nearest CASA.
Responding to Sexual Assault – 1 day workshop
Wednesday, 22 February OR Tuesday, 18 March 2017
The workshop will assist those working with victim/survivors of sexual assault who have not had the opportunity to access training previously. It is also suitable for students. This interactive workshop encourages participants to examine the nature and consequences of sexual assault, including common community attitudes and beliefs, and to develop an...
Working with the Impacts of Sexual Assault – 2 day workshop
Monday, 29 May AND Tuesday, 30 May, 2017
This interactive 2 day workshop will extend the skills and confidence of those working with women and men who have experienced sexual assault. Workers who have completed our Responding to Sexual Assault training or have experience working with clients who have experienced sexual assault are encouraged to apply. The workshop will...